Roasted Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Avocado Sandwich
1 small sweet potato
1 yellow bell pepper
1/4 white onion, thinly sliced
4 tomatoe slices
1/2 lime, juice
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne powder
salt & pepper
favorite bread (I used Pugliese but it's also great with a bolillo)
1 tbsp greek yogurt
1 tsp tapatio hot sauce
1/2 lime, juice
1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile prep ingredients...
2. Slice sweet potatoes in to 2 inch long and about 1/8 of inch thick (see photos below). Slice top and bottom of pepper, de-seed, and slice in to fourths.
3. Line a baking dish with foil, top with potato and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mash 1 avocado with a bit of salt and pepper and the juice of 1/2 a lime. Set aside.
5. Combine yogurt, tapatio hot sauce, remaining half of lime juice, season with salt and pepper.
6. After 15 minutes, remove pepper and potato, flip veggies, add onion slices, and bake for additional 15 minutes.
7. Mash 1/2 can of black beans with cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
8. Cut bread into desired sizes. This recipe made the perfect amount for two sandwiches. If using Pugliese, I recommend taking out some of the middle bread because it's really thick.
9. Top bottom slices of bread with black bean spread, line with peppers and potatoes, onion, tomato slices, drizzle with creama. Spread top slice of bread with mashed avocado. Enjoy!