Winter Bowl of Goodness
You know when food makes you feel good? Not just your taste buds, but your entire being? This bowl is that notion all piled into one warm, comforting, savory, healthy bowl of goodness.
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut in to half moons
2 cups kale, chopped
1/2 red onion, cut into thin wedges
1 cup cooked quinoa or favorite grain (this will make extra)
1/2 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
1/2 tbsp olive oil
Creamy Curry Sauce
2 heaping spoonfuls greek yogurt
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
salt and pepper
6 tbsp water, or to desired consistency
*If you don't like curry this bowl goes really well with my Creamy Lemon Paprika Sauce, Classic Cashew Sauce, and even simply topped with greek yogurt and a dash or two of harissa/sriracha.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
2. Toss butternut squash and onion wedges with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Evenly spread on baking sheet.
3. Roast veggies for 25-30 minutes, tossing half way through
4. Meanwhile, massage kale with a drizzle of olive oil, a few squeezes of lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
5. Combine greek yogurt with dry spices and oil. Slowly drizzle in water and whisk to combine. I wanted it still creamy, but more dressing like, but feel free to add as much or as little as you'd like.
6. Divide quinoa into bowls (you may have extra, reserve for another night this week) and top with white beans, kale, and roasted squash and onions. Drizzle with dressing.